Friday, May 13, 2011

Current Craftiness

It has been a long spring. With a lot of snow. We finally seem to be in the clear *knock on wood* here's what's up at our house lately.
We put an offer on a house and have yet to hear anything. We are practicing patience....not awesome.
our friend the tomatoes are now as tall as the window in the dining room. We even have a couple pea sized fruits starting to grow. It would be great if we knew where our yard was going to be so we could put them into the ground, but again, patience. Arggh. That's our new garden gnome-or as Angie would say "norm" We have been toying with the idea of naming him Norm Swagger, but it sounds a lot like an imported beer. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing : )

Also, to use up all of this pent up energy I made my first quilt. This is for Nick and Joanna who are onto baby number four. They are due in July. Sorry about the crappy phone pic. but it's the best I could do. Hard to tell but the little circles have pictures of farm themed items. Eggs, chickens, and wagons. We don't know if they're having a girl or boy so I tried to make it androgenous. Wasn't too bad to make, actually. It's inspired me to take on a bigger one now. A king sized one for our own bed! Hopefully my sewing machine is up to the job, I'd love to give it double batting for a really lush feel. Yay!

1 comment: